Since the highly-anticipated release of USP <800> there has been much discussion among healthcare pharmacies about the interpretation of these new guidelines---and what that will mean for their operations once implementation takes full effect later this year. During this workshop participants will examine the new standards and discover practical applications.
This workshop will offer CEs.
Key items addressed include:
- Facility design
- Creating an OSHA compliant HD List
- Shipping HDs
- OSHA Hazardous Communications Programs
- Respiratory protection
- Workflow considerations
- Personnel training
- Primary Engineering Controls (PECs)
- Deactivation and decontamination
- Define what is considered a hazardous drug
- Provide strategies to achieve USP <800> compliance
This workshop is relevant to sterile and non-sterile compounders and any healthcare provider that works with hazardous drugs.