Since USP General Chapter <800> became official on December 1, 2019, there has been much discussion among pharmacies about the interpretation of these new guidelines – and the impact on their operations. During this workshop participants will examine the new standards and discover practical applications.
This workshop will offer CEs.
Key items addressed include:
- Facility design
- Creating an OSHA compliant HD List
- Shipping HDs
- OSHA Hazardous Communications Programs
- Respiratory protection
- Workflow considerations
- Personnel training
- Primary Engineering Controls (PECs)
- Deactivation and decontamination
- Define what is considered a hazardous drug
- Provide strategies to achieve USP <800> compliance
This workshop is relevant to sterile and non-sterile compounders and any healthcare provider that works with hazardous drugs.